Travels of Deep Kick Girl

Monday, November 14, 2005

We're in LA...

Well, the first leg of trip is complete. We are in LA. The weather is glorious, our hotel is just down the road from Disneyland and there is Joe's Crab Shack (for those who know the "hilarious" story from our first trip to LA) sharing our hotel's carpark.

Our flight was fantastic. Flying business class is really the ONLY way to go! Note to self: don't get out of bed for less than $10,000 a day and never fly cattle class again! The food and service were very good, the SkyBed very comfy and the movie selection decent. The only thing which spoiled things for me were the two dickheads next to us. They were the typical business men with an expense account. They got drunker and drunker and louder and louder as the flight progressed. While everyone else in the cabin quietly watched a movie or tried to sleep, these two bozos talked shit, laughed loudly (like only drunks can) and generally annoyed the living daylights out of me. It took all my self restraint not to launch myself across the aisle at them and shove the shove their wine glasses where the sun don't shine...

Deep breath... enough about that. Despite the comfortable seats/beds I couldn't sleep. While Will and Jason slept quite well I tossed and turned. I was relaxed, I just couldn't shut off that final 10% of my brain which kept turning over useless information.

It took a long time to get out of US Customs but not much longer than in 2000 (i.e. pre September 11). I especially liked the cute sniffer dog that came around with his equally cute handler.

Now I'm sitting in the business centre at our hotel catching up on emails and, of course, my blog. Jay and Will have gone to Disneyland for Day #1 (I will join them tomorrow for Day #2). As luck would have it we are directly across the road from a large Target. Despite having high expectations I have to say it's just the same old crap as our Target - possibly marginally cheaper. I have however come away with "Elf" on PSP disk for Will and a couple of nice T-shirts for moi!

As I said tomorrow is more Disneyland and Wednesday we travel ALL day. Starting with a 7:00 am flight to Miaimi - flying FIRST CLASS - and then a direct connection to Medellin, Colombia arriving at 8:00 pm. All going well our gorgeous Mariana Grace will be in our arms and in our care from Thursday morning.

Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Julia said…

    Yay! What a great update! The flight sounds great (shame about the idiots) as does your location! Enjoy the crab shack (mmmm) and have a great day tomorrow at Disneyland!

    Keep the updates coming!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home